OBJECTIVE: Technically sophisticated and business-savvy management professional with pioneering career reflecting strong leadership qualifications coupled with hands-on IT and network experience. Focused on achieving bottom-line results while formulating and implementing advanced technology business solutions to meet a diversity of needs. Maintains a superior record of delivering large-scale, mission-critical projects on time and under budget. Team based management style and excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
Sun, IBM, Cisco, Veritas, StorageTek, Network Appliance, Solaris, Linux, C/C++, Java, PERL, Shell, VCS, VxVM, Openview, IIS, CGI, Oracle, Checkpoint Firewall
July 2003 – Present. CONFIDENTIAL
Technical Services Manager
I am responsible for architectural and implementation decisions that affect the viability of the products and services. I have also been tasked with the day to day management of corporate technical staff, including network engineers, UNIX administrators, AS/400 Administrators, consultants, contractors, and vendors (IBM, Sun, Cisco, Veritas, StorageTek, Network Appliance.)
VP Systems Services
As the VP of System Services, I was individually responsible for pre and post sales design, architecture, and implementation of highly available, e-commerce and high transaction based systems on a wide range of hardware architectures for hundreds of San Francisco Bay Area companies. This also involved troubleshooting and development of procedural documents, performance tuning and analysis, integrating, configuring, and deploying systems.
I also recruited, hired, and trained personnel to fill positions within the Systems Engineering and Network Operations Center within a well-known Value Added Reseller and Managed Services Provider: specializing in Veritas, Oracle, and Sun Microsystems highly available systems. In addition, I designed custom service plans for systems management and availability, based upon Service Level Agreements with customers to ensure contractual guidelines would be met.
June 1998 – April 1999. Select Media
May 1995 – April 1999. Digital America
Network Manager, Senior Systems Administrator
Managed an Internet Service Provider's primary backbone and all associated support systems that spread over the west coast from Los Angeles to the San Francisco Bay Area, into Sacramento. Maintained UNIX systems, game servers, routers, software, Windows NT Servers, Microsoft SQL Servers, Remote access units, high speed data connections. Communicated effectively with Telco and Internet provider personnel for installation and troubleshooting of new and existing circuits.
Development work included: Implementing Crystal Reports for Microsoft SQL Server and Access Databases (utilizing Visual Basic). Developing database driven applications and Virtual Private Networks for customers, Writing custom tools and applications for business automation (utilizing Perl, C/C++, Shell scripting, etc.)
Network Manager, Analyst, Senior Systems Administrator
Designed and maintained Intranet and Internet web servers for various organizations. Designed and implemented Internet services to serve over 10,000 concurrent users, including Netscape Proxy, Netscape Application Server (now iPlanet/SunONE), IIS, MS Exchange, MS Clustering, and SQL Server on diverse platforms, including Sun Microsystems, HP, and Compaq hardware.
Implemented, configured, and troubleshot complex secure, C2 Compliant, computer systems in WAN/MAN environments throughout the Pacific and South East Asia. Performed fault isolation and analysis of software and hardware problems. Provided technical guidance on software and system usage as required by users. Established security requirements, created and maintained user accounts, oversaw proper utilization of assigned systems. Monitored reliability recommended and implemented corrective actions to ensure peak performance on mission critical, high security, systems.
I was also directly responsible for analyzing the performance of communications systems including all circuits, equipment, and transmission on various military bases. Installed interconnectivity between buildings in Campus LAN, MAN and WAN environments using Fiber optic cabling, T1 (DS1), T3 (DS3), FDDI, and OC. Conducted performance checks and measured various communication systems to ensure the highest degree of uptime and quality of service.
Technical Training, Certification, and Education
- Sun Microsystems Enterprise Certified Engineer - Solaris Admin and Network Admin (Solaris 9), Workgroup, Enterprise, SunFire (Workgroup through 6800), SunCluster, Sun StorEdge Volume Manager Administration (Veritas Volume Manager), Sun Software RAID Storage Systems Maintenance, Highground (Storage Resource Manager), SE9900 (Hitachi OEM storage), Systems Administration I & II, TCP/IP Network Administration, Java Programming (Introduction, and Application Programming)
- Veritas Certification - Cluster, Netbackup, Foundation Suite (Filesystem, and Volume Manager)
- HP Openview Professional - HP Openview Operations (Vantage Point Operations)
- Checkpoint Firewall1/VPN1 Certification - Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator, Checkpoint Certified Security Expert
- Spectra Logic Certification - Treefrog (2k), Bullfrog (10k), Gator (12k, 20k, 64k)
- Miscellaneous - Cybercash/ICVerify (Credit card processing), Cisco router configuration (expired), Cisco ATM networking (expired), Oracle & Sybase DBA (expired)
- United States Air Force - United States Air Force (USAF) Technical School Honor Graduate, USAF Total Quality Management, USAF Professional Military Education (includes management training)